What's Canalling like?
- A glimpse of history, a lesson in engineering.
- A relaxing meander through canal towns and countrysides.
- A connection to backyards and bike trails across New York State.
- A tale of commerce, development and continuing revitalization of New York's canals.
- A lazy day afloat to read, play cards, make friends.
What's the Emita II like?
- She's a refitted Casco Bay ferry, 65 feet long and 22 feet wide.
- She carries an intimate complement of 42 passengers, captain and crew of seven.
- houses dining/lounge area, bar, small library, open front deck and efficient galley.
- Her upper deck offers open space, a shade canopy, comfortable seats, tables for cards and a fantastic view.
- Each day includes cruising on the canal, several lockings and lively commentary.
- Each trip features a tour of a working lock and a historical site (conditions permitting).
- Meals, simply prepared, bountiful and delicious are served on board.
- Overnight accommodations are at comfortable hotels nearby.
- One-way itineraries include the return by motor coach.